Having a party at your home? Getting cost-effective pizzas at Costco can save you a lot. Yes, you can only save if you do the right math about how many Costco pizzas you should get for your party.
Otherwise, by ordering extra pizzas, you can lose your hard-earned money that could be better invested in making other arrangements or saved.
And, if the situation were vice versa–you order fewer pizzas, it can be more stressful.
Don’t worry; you do not need to do this calculations. We’ve done this for you.
In this article, besides doing a complete calculation, we’ve also come up with a complete chart of how many Costco pizzas you should get for up to 100 people: adults and kids.
Let’s get into it!
Quick Answer for How Many Costco Pizzas You Should Get for 20?
Costco follows 2 universal sizes for pizzas: 16 and 18 inches. Here is an instant calculation of how many 16 or 18-inch Costco pizzas you should get for feeding adults or kids. Let’s know first about 1 Costco pizza.
As a rule of thumb, an adult, on average, consumes 39 square inches of pizza; the same goes for a teen, while a kid will need 26 square inches of pizza.
So, your extra large Costco pizza of 16 inches has 201 square inches; and Costco’s extra large pizza of 18 inches has 254 square inches.
- A 16-inch pizza should feed 5 adults or teens and 7 kids.
- And an 18-inch pizza should be enough for 7 adults or teens and 10 kids.
Now, How Many Costco Pizzas for 20?
Hence, for adults:
- Get 4 large 16-inch Costco pizzas to feed 20 (201/39= 5 individuals).
- Get 3 extra large 18-inch Costco pizzas for feeding 20 (254/39=6.5 person)-it’s better to avoid.
And, for kids:
- Get 3 large 16-inch Costco pizzas to feed 20 (201/26= 7.7 kids, i.e. 7-8 kids).
- Get 2 extra large 18 inch Costco pizzas for feeding 20 (254/26=9.7 kids, i.e., 10 kids).
BTW: I’ll advise you to avoid 18-inch pizza, especially if you want to serve pizza among adults. It’s because 18-inch Costco pizzas are hard to distribute evenly or get 1 extra pizza.
And How Many Costco Pizzas for 30?
Once it has been decided that 16 goes for 5 adults and 7 kids and 18 inches of pizza for 7 adults and 10 kids, it’s pretty simple to multiply the quantity as many times as you need.
To put it simply:
- Get 6 large pizzas of 16 inches for 30 adults, or 4-5 18 extra large pizzas for 30–avoid 18 inches size for adults, for either you can run short or have a lot of leftovers.
- Get 5 large pizzas of 16 inches for kids of mixed age and 3 extra large pizzas of 18 inches for 30 kids–Avoid 16 inch pizzas if you want to distribute them evenly among all kids.
Big Calculations: How Many Costco Pizzas Should You Get for 50?
Let’s revise the pizza distribution rule again.
It is 39 square inches of pizza for adults and 26 square inches for kids; hence, 16-inch pizzas for 5 adults and 7 kids, and 18-inch pizzas for 7 adults and 10 kids. So:
- For 50 adults, get 10 pizzas of 16 inches or 7 pizzas of 18 inches.
- For 50 kids, get 7 pizzas of 16-inch size or 5 pizzas of 18 inches.
In short, you can multiply the above calculations.
How Many Costco Pizzas Should You Get for 10-100? Complete Chart.
It’s not simple to order Costco pizzas every time you have to throw a pizza party. You might invite a few guests or more than 20. To help you get instant calculations, we’ve got you covered to serve up to 100 with Costco pizza in the chart given below.
How Many 16 inch Costco Pizzas for Kids and Adults up to 100.
|Number of Eaters||Costco’s 16’’ Pizza for Adults||Costco’s 16’’ Pizza for Kids|
How Many 18 inch Costco Pizzas for Adults and Kids.
|Number of Eaters||Costco’s 18’’ Pizza for Adults||Costco’s 18’’ Pizza for Kids|
When you have some sides to serve at this pizza party, besides pizza, you can reduce the number of pizzas by 30%. For example, if this table advises you to order 10 pizzas of 16 inch for 50 adults, you should get 7 pizzas instead.
Does Costco deliver pizza?
No, Costco does not deliver pizza. You can only order Costco pizza in person at the Costco food court or by calling your local Costco and placing an order for pickup.
There are a few workarounds that you can use to get Costco pizza delivered, but they all involve some extra work or expense.
- You can use a third-party delivery service like DoorDash or Grubhub to deliver your Costco pizza. However, you will typically pay a delivery fee of around $10-20.
- You can ask a friend or family member who has a Costco membership to buy you a pizza and then deliver it to you.
- You can buy a Costco pizza kit and make your own pizza at home. This is the most affordable option, but it does require some time and effort.
Do you Need a Costco Memebership Card to Buy Pizza in 2023?
Yes, you need a Costco membership card to buy pizza at Costco in 2023. Costco started requiring a membership card for food court purchases in March 2020. This includes pizza, hot dogs, soda, churros, and ice cream.
There are a few exceptions to this rule. You do not need a membership card to buy food court items if you are:
- A Costco employee
- A guest of a Costco member
- Buying food court items at a Costco with an outdoor food court
If you are not a Costco member and you want to buy pizza at Costco, you will need to find someone who is a member and ask them to buy it for you. You can also buy a Costco pizza kit and make your own pizza at home.
mama-cucina.com is a participant in the Amazon Associate program and will earn from qualifying purchases.